Перейти к публикации

Эргономичный нож для сменных лезвий x-acto

ant-tv

Рекомендованные сообщения

Тип делится своим опытом создания продукта, от прототипа из пенопласта до конечного продукта

I know a lot of you craft, I made something to help.

by Seamusriley · 16 days ago

qmWyFaj.jpg

Always start with the finished product, right?

9PmOTXY.jpg

So this is where it started. In my first year of architecture school our teachers had us using those shitty pen knives that killed your fingers after using them for hours. So I analyzed the cause of the problem. It's caused by a hyper-extension in the first joint in your index finger. So I made a quick model that eliminated the hyper-extension.

ErlEJUd.jpg

I made my first model out of sculpting foam and couldn't use it to create a working prototype, so I had to duplicate the handle out of wood. This took some time. I started making them in my mom's basement, spending 8 hours a day sculpting handles and analyzing them.

LIA245J.jpg

Process shot. Multiple handles.

IutCI0Z.jpg

Once I had a form that I was satisfied with I created a template so I could cut as many blanks as I needed. After that I would sculpt them with a Dremel and sand them with a belt sander.

PTaY2bd.jpg

After making a few iterations I started having students at the school (Boston Architectural College) test them out. I'd analyze the way they would hold them and make adjustments.

Fs464mi.jpg

Handles with notes. All part of the iterative process.

L1RtvrY.jpg

The form I settled on. At this point I'd been working on the handle for about a year. It's now the combination of 7 different orientations of cutting ergonomically.

41p4zXT.jpg

Time to make some 3D printed models. I had to teach myself the 3D scanning software (NextEngine 3D scanner) as well Rhino (3D modeling software) so I could modify the 3D mesh that the scan created. After that process, which took like two months, I was able to 3D print prototypes to send out to architecture firms to be beta tested some more.

X7WkWBU.jpg

3D printing a prototype. At this point I added a magnet inside the handle to hold the blade in place.

I make all of the canvas bags by hand. Check out the social media pages! www.facebook.com/ergokiwi www.instagram.com/ergo_kiwi

там магнит и поворотная хреновина (чёрная деталь на последней фоте)
Разбор виден на фоте презентации

Не похоже на поворотную. Видится просто заглушка со штифтом в отверстие хвостовика. Дешево и сердито.

Присоединяйтесь к обсуждению

Вы можете опубликовать сообщение сейчас, а зарегистрироваться позже. Если у вас есть аккаунт, войдите в него для написания от своего имени.

Гость
Ответить в теме...

×   Вставлено в виде отформатированного текста.   Вставить в виде обычного текста

Разрешено не более 75 эмодзи.

×   Ваша ссылка была автоматически встроена.   Отобразить как ссылку

×   Ваш предыдущий контент был восстановлен.   Очистить редактор

×   Вы не можете вставить изображения напрямую. Загрузите или вставьте изображения по ссылке.

• Создать...

Важная информация

Чтобы сделать этот веб-сайт лучше, мы разместили cookies на вашем устройстве. Вы можете изменить свои настройки cookies, в противном случае мы будем считать, что вы согласны с этим.