Рекомендованные сообщения

• Ответы 610
  • Создано
  • Последний ответ

Лучшие авторы в этой теме

Лучшие авторы в этой теме

Опубликованные изображения

Spyderco 2014 Production Prototype – Farid Mehr K2

Fans of big folders are in for a treat. After the Tatanka, Spyderco has another big folder in the works; the K2 folder by custom maker Farid Mehr. I’m afraid I didn’t pick up any details or background on this design, as I was working on photos of other prototypes at the time. I’m sure my fellow attendees of the meet can provide some background information.

The approximate specifications of the K2 prototype are:
Overall Length: 25,5 cm / 10.03 inches
Edge Length: 11,5 cm / 4.52 inches
Blade Length: 11,5 cm / 4.52 inches
Blade Thickness: 0,35 cm / 0.14 inches

spyderco_amsterdammeet2014_productionpro

Spyderco 2014 Production Prototype – Ed Schempp Frontier

The Frontier will become the next addition to the Ethnic Series of Spyderco folding knives. This design is based on the classic American bowie knife designs. Last year, Spyderco showed four sizes of the Frontier. My personal favorite was the largest one, which had something like a 5 inch blade I think. Eric Glesser favored the smallest one that had a 3 inch blade IIRC. This prototype us a medium sized design, from that original series of beautiful custom folders by Ed Schempp.

The Frontier features a Bowie shape blade and brass bolsters that mimic the classic S-shaped guard from classic bowie knives. The handle on this ethnic folder is inspired by the classic coffin shaped bowie handles.

This prototype was probably my personal favorite from this edition of the Amsterdam Meet. That is not much of a surprise, as the Frontier concept models were my favorites from last year’s meet. I’m a sucker for bowie knife designs, and I’m happy that Spyderco is taking up this pattern again after the excellent Chinook designs by James Keating.

I appreciate the choice for this medium size. It makes the knife easier to carry, also from a legal point of view. Visually however, the blade still seems the right (big) size that a bowie ‘should’ have. The handle was very ergonomic, as is the par for Ed Schempp designs, and it seemed comfortable to hold in a variety of grips. The blade was thin and light, and should be a great slicer. I can’t wait to get my hands on a production model for use and carry.

The approximate specifications of the Frontier prototype are:
Overall Length: 21,3 cm / 8.39 inches
Edge Length: 9 cm / 3.54 inches
Blade Length: 9,3 cm / 3.66 inches
Blade Thickness: 0,2 cm / 0.08 inches

Spyderco 2014 Concept Model – Chris Knutson Introvert

The Introvert was a very interesting design. This folder incorporates both a Perrin-style index hole and a flipper. Although it might be easy to think of this design as a pure MBC-type design, Sal and Eric see more potential (utility) uses. Apparently, their main attraction to see if the design could be made was ‘it’s never been done’.

The approximate specifications of the Introvert concept model are:

Overall Length: 18 cm / 7.08 inches
Edge Length: 5,7 cm / 2.24 inches
Blade Length: 7,2 cm / 2.83 inches
Blade Thickness: 0,3 cm / 0.19 inches

spyderco_amsterdammeet2014_conceptmodel_

Spyderco 2014 Production Prototype – Kiwi G-10

The G-10 Kiwi was shown again this year. Compared to the prototype shown last year, this version seemed even more refined. It handled like a more ergonomic Des Horn. I think the sizes are similar as well. This was very nice folder and I certainly appreciate the fact that the clip can be switched for left-handed users, like me.

I’m afraid the measured specs for this prototype were lost, or we didn’t get around to taking the measurements, once a number of knives made it to our table for pictures. The specifications we collected last year were as follows, I’m sure they’re close:
Blade Length: 7,5 cm / 2.95 inch
Overall Length: 17,1 cm / 6.7 inch

Spyderco 2014 Production Prototype – Gianni Pauletta Lil’ LionSpy

I had a bit of a Goldilocks moment when I first picked up the Lil’ LionSpy, this size is just right.

I have the original large LionSpy. The large model is a great knife, but between the strong spring in the locking tab, the tight lock-up and the smooth scales, it can be a bit heavy and tricky to control or unlock one-handed. The Lil’ LionSpy was a breeze to handle. The feel and operation was very nice. While I wait for a new edition of the Li’l Temperance (which wasn’t shown at the meet, in case you’re wondering), the Lil’ LionSpy will be just fine to hold me over.

This ‘little’ folder is a nice high-tech, stout and ergonomic Little Big Knife. This knife was easily one of my top-three favorite prototypes this year.

The approximate specifications of the Lil’ LionSpy are:
Overall Length: 18,5 cm / 7.28 inches
Edge Length: 8 cm / 3.15 inches
Blade Length: 8,5 cm / 3.35 inches
Blade Thickness: 0,4 cm / 0.16 inches

Spyderco 2014 Production Sample – Peter Carey Firefly

The Firefly made its second appearance at an Amsterdam Meet, if I recall correctly. The first time I saw the Firefly concept model, I think it was the original custom knife. This production sample seems to look just about the same. I think the Firefly has a great custom design look and feel to it.

If I got my notes correctly, this knife will be produced in Japan. The bolster is made from full carbon fiber and the handle is orange G-10. This should be a great EDC with a nice custom feel to it.

The approximate specifications of the Firefly are:

Overall Length: 15,7 cm / 6.18 inches
Edge Length: 6,5 cm / 2.56 inches
Blade Length: 7 cm / 2.75 inches
Blade Thickness: 0,3 cm / 0.12 inches

spyderco_amsterdammeet2014_productionsam

Спайдырко совокупилось с Лионстилом ? 

так давно же :)

вот "большой": http://www.spyderco.com/catalog/details.php?product=720

Спайдырко совокупилось с Лионстилом ?  :blink:

Да, только я смысла в этом совокуплении не понял.

n°8 "DIY" Opinel knife

PRE-ORDER THIS ITEM NOW!
Available in April 2014.

After its Oyster and its Outdoor knife, Opinel proposes today a knife for handymen!
This new Opinel knife has resistant plastics handle (mold in Oyonnax Vally in France). It also has two Riss tool bits (Philips and crewdriver) which you can place in the magnetic driver slot.
The drop-point blade has two notches which will allow you to cut or bare wires.
You will enjoy this knife working as well as snacking!

"DIY" Opinel n°8 folding knife.
Virobloc double safety ring.
Plastics handle.
Riss Stainless tool bits
Overall lenght: 195mm.
Handle lenght: 110mm.
Blade length: 85mm.
12C27 stainless steel.
color : Gray, Yellow

couteau_opinelbrico1-z.jpg

couteau_opinelbrico2-z.jpg

couteau_opinelbrico3-z.jpg

couteau_opinelbrico4-z.jpg

couteau_opinelbrico5-z.jpg

сделали нож французкого электрика
Прикольный опенок. Надо подумать о нем... ;)

Фиксед интересный от спаев

Очень понравился. И неужели их маркетологи, наконец-то, догадались вместо того, чтобы сверлить дырку на фиксе, просто нарисовали её?!!!

B)

Не ждали?

attachicon.gifimage004.jpg

А прикольный. Я бы себе взял. Еще бы без выемок под зачистку проводов, сокращающую клин....

Нет помойму на второй фотке видно что дырка не бутафорская.

И на этой же фотке видно клеймо Тайвань, спаи начали производить ножи в Тайване?

Прикольный опенок. Надо подумать о нем... ;)

Маловато будет. Чего они такие мелкие?

Даешь двенадцатый нумер с пластиковой рукояткой!

Spyderco 2014 Production Sample – Mike Draper

I’m back from a wonderful IWA Show, so here’s my next batch of photos from the various concept models, prototypes and production samples that were shown at the Amsterdam Meet.

This Mike Draper design folder has a very interesting look. It’s long and slender like a Police model, but at the same time it’s a bit wider and more rounded. It’s not my personal cup of proverbial tea. But if you like long slender folders, this is just the ticket. IIRC, The blue on this folder was done using the same process as on the tattoo Cricket & Dragonfly.

Since the specifications of the Mike Draper are already in the new catalog, we didn’t collect any measurements of this folder.

Spyderco 2014 Production Sample – Paramilitary 2 – Composite Sprint

Although this very special Paramilitary 2 sprint was already shipping, Eric and Sal brought it along with them to the Amsterdam Meet.

IIRC, the most important reason to try and make this CPM 154/S90v composite blade was ‘to see if it could be done’. I remember Eric explaining that this blade has no real practical benefits over a regular S90V blade. However, it was a very complicated process to successfully combine these two steels in this composite blade. Hopefully, the knowledge gained during this process for this Paramilitary 2 Sprint, will lead to other related innovations that will prove practical. There will be more knives by Spyderco with this type of composite blade, but not in a Paramilitary 2 frame.

http://spydercollector.files.wordpress.com/2014/03/spyderco_amsterdammeet2014_productionsample_paramilitary2compositesprint_blade_2.jpg

Spyderco 2014 Production Sample – Native 5 Lightweight

The Native 5 Lightweight was a nice surprise, as I didn’t remember seeing this version last year. The handle has no liners in it, but there are little steel ‘barrels’ with threading in the handle, for a positive lock-up of the clip screws when you want to set up the clip for e.g. left-handed or tip-down carry. This one’s definitely on my wish list.

Spyderco 2014 Production Prototype – Mike Read PITS

PITS stands for Pie In The Sky, apparently, and it is the working title of this very impressive new addition to the slipit line.

The ergos were really nice and I’d love to see how this folder holds up under daily carry and use. The spring bar on top of the handle helps to keep the blade either open or closed. The opening action was very smooth on this prototype. It seemed to me that this knife might be able to withstand more hard use than the slipits we’ve seen so far from Spyderco. The Mike Read PITS is also in my top three favorite prototypes from this year’s meet.

The approximate specifications of the Mike Read PITS folder are:

Overall Length: 18,3 cm / 7.20 inches
Edge Length: 7cm / 2.75 inches
Blade Length: 7,5 cm / 2.95 inches
Blade Thickness: 0,3 cm / 0.19 inches

Spyderco 2014 Production Prototype – Roadie

After TSA announced that it was going to allow a folding knife on airlines again, albeit under very strict specifications, the spydercrew took to the drawing board. The result was the Roadie slipit. Although TSA’s proposal has been cancelled by now, Spyderco is still pursuing this prototype.

The knife features two round divots on the blade to open the knife. The Roadie is a small and slim slipit, but it seemed quite controllable and useful as a little folder to take care of most EDC chores you’d encounter during (air)travel.

The approximate specifications of the Roadie are:

Overall Length: 13 cm / 5.19 inches
Edge Length: 4,3 cm / 1.70 inches
Blade Length: 5,5 cm / 2.17 inches
Blade Thickness: 0,2 cm / 0.08 inches

http://spydercollector.files.wordpress.com/2014/03/spyderco_amsterdammeet2014_productionprototype_roadie_closed_1.jpg

Spyderco 2014 Production Sample – Lum Tanto Sprint

In 2012 we saw the Lum fixed blade Tanto sprint with a burgundy handle that came out last year, IIRC. Apparently, there were some problems with that handle material. Therefore, this year there will be a sprint of the fixed Lum Tanto with a beautiful black and green G-10 handle. It’s a more tactical version of this nice tanto design, versus last year’s ‘collector’s edition’ .

А вот это уже очень интересно :) ...

Spyderco 2014 Production Prototype – Slysz Bowie

The Slysz Bowie folder was a very attractive folder to me. It’s a straightforward ‘simple’ folding knife design, but it had some refined touches.

The spine of the blade was rounded. The integral lock operated very smooth and the blade locked up very well. There’s also a G-10 spacer that features jimping to enhance the grip. Compared to Slysz’s Techno design, this seemed like a much more light and elegant design. Still, this Bowie folder looked and handled like it should be a hard working knife.

Unfortunately, we didn’t get around to taking some measurements of the Slysz Bowie. I recall the blade being in the 3.2 – 3.5 inch territory, but I could be off on that. I can’t wait to see this design hitting production and becoming available. I want one!

Spyderco 2014 Production Sample – Peter Carey Rubicon

The Peter Carey Rubicon was just a beautiful custom folder….made by Spyderco. I’m not a big custom knife expert, but this knife had me do a double take to make sure this wasn’t the original custom knife, being used as a concept model. The Rubicon pictured here was a production sample.

I remember it being a solid feeling folder, without it being too heavy. The lines of this flipper design were very striking, with an orange G-10 accent around the pivot and an orange G-10 spacer. The handle was made of full carbon fiber scales that were rounded for a more 3D ergonomic grip.

The approximate specifications of the Rubicon are:

Overall Length: 19 cm / 7.48 inches
Edge Length: 7,5 cm / 2.95 inches
Blade Length: 7,8 cm / 3.07 inches
Blade Thickness: 0,35 cm / 0.14 inches

Spyderco 2014 Production Prototype – Serge Panchenko Roc

I’m afraid I don’t remember many details about the Roc by Serge Panchenko, as I focused on photographing all those knives that came by my table at the Meet. The Roc has a striking look, but the ergos were very good. I’m sure my fellow attendees can share more details about the Roc prototype.

Spyderco 2014 Production Sample – Worker G-10

The last knife I can show you from the Amsterdam Meet is this wonderful Worker sprint run knife. I missed out on the Worker so far; the last sprint came out just before I became a diehard Spyderknut. However, I’ll do my best to snag this sprint run in green G-10!

The Worker is an original Spyderco design, and the many years of production-experience are evident in this piece. The action was smooth as glass and the lock-up seemed ‘native 5-tight’ to me, i.e. rock solid.

Spyderco 2014 Production Sample – Tatanka

Spyderco has been showing concept models of a mega folder at various Amsterdam Meets in the past. I recall one being called the Bison. The result of all this development work is the Tatanka.

The Tatanka was a crowd-pleaser and the large knife was -to me- surprisingly easy to handle and manipulate. I appreciated the fact that Eric and Sal brought along a version of the Tatanka with a clear scale so you could see how the lock works. The tang is radiused so the lock-up will adjust for any wear that might occur. The Tatanka’s lock also made sure the blade had a very nice ‘self close’ to it.

Spyderco 2014 Production Sample – Brad Southard flipper in All-Black

We knew this version of the Southard was coming, and it was nice to see it in the flesh! Or more accurately, to see it in steel.

Apart from the all-black hardware, the texture on the G-10 was also different from the first version of the Southard. The very grippy brown G-10 has been replaced by a much smoother (regular) black G-10 pattern on the all-black Southard. It should make the knife much easier to draw from -and put back in- your pocket.

Spyderco 2014 Production Prototype – Spin & Concept Model – Bead

The Spin is back for a sprint run in blue nishijin glass fiber. The blue handle color was quite striking. I loved the mini bead design; I think it’s a logical evolution from the first beads. Those first larger beads can be quite heavy if you attach them to a very small or lightweight knife.

The Spin combined with this mini bead made for a perfect little carry combo, I could get a full grip on the knife using the mini bead. Naturally, a tip-up clip would fit even better with the mini bead lanyard.

Spyderco 2014 Production Sample – Spy-DK

Apparently, the Danish spyderknuts liked the Pingo but some argued that it lacked the traditional Spyderco look of a leaf shape blade with a hump and full flat grind. Following that feedback, the Spy-DK was conceived.

I really liked the way this folder handled. Like the other FRN slipits, the Spy-DK is very light and ergonomic. The blade ‘locks’ up really well in both the open and closed position, and I really appreciate that fine splinter-picker tip. I will ‘need’ one for sure. And since these were production samples, I’m hopeful we’ll see these knives soon.

The approximate specifications of the Spy-DK production samples are:

Overall Length: 16 cm / 6.29 inches
Edge Length: 6 cm / 2.36 inches
Blade Length: 7 cm / 2.75 inches
Blade Thickness: 0,25 cm / 0.09 inches

Rubicon

всё хорошо, но блин клинок-то мм в 100 слабо было сделать?!!!!!

"сволочи"(С)... :angry:

Worker G-10

Эх, стоил бы он как рабочий ножик, а не как полочник - взял бы на карман.

Черный флиппер смотрится отменно.

Spy-DK вот эти тоже интересные. Эдакие бюджетные мини калипсо без замка.

Ну и воркер - в коллекцию кому то самое то будет, цена ж полюбому будет высокая.

Ну и в татанке они конечно намудрили с замком, интересно что из этого выйдет.

Гость
Эта тема закрыта для дальнейших сообщений.

• Популярные теги

• Создать...

Важная информация

Чтобы сделать этот веб-сайт лучше, мы разместили cookies на вашем устройстве. Вы можете изменить свои настройки cookies, в противном случае мы будем считать, что вы согласны с этим.