Перейти к публикации

Infernis

Рекомендованные сообщения

• Ответы 175
  • Создано
  • Последний ответ

Лучшие авторы в этой теме

М21 у меня уже есть (не 14SF), хочу М16 и может быть М18, если вдруг разбогатею... ;)

Ну если для разнообразия, то конечно.

Но я себе и М21 взял (обычную) и M21-14SFG (с новым серрейтором, так как эта версия самая "навороченная"). 

Сейчас думаю разнообразить как-то коллекцию.

Ну когда коллекция, тогда понятно. А мне так, чтоб было. Удачные ножи хорошего мастера...

M16-04z после семи месяцев пользования решил разобрать и почистить ( до этого периодически чистил ватной палочкой и продувал, питтинг с клина удалял обычным канцелярским ластиком ). Нож носился в кармане джинсов с февраля, но незначительный питтинг на плашках  появился только в районе спейсера. Следов износа AutoLAWKS не обнаружил. В общем и целом всё в хорошем состоянии. Никаких "танцев с бубнами" не потребовалось: почистил с оружейным маслом, протёр, прошёлся металлической шайбой по шкурке 1200.   

Состояние внутренностей до и после чистки на фото

P.S.

R.I.P.

Kit Carson

post-8450-0-63182600-1410273124_thumb.jpg

post-8450-0-46135000-1410273145_thumb.jpg

post-8450-0-73539700-1410273158_thumb.jpg

post-8450-0-03459300-1410273171_thumb.jpg

post-8450-0-15890100-1410273183_thumb.jpg

post-8450-0-61916000-1410273194_thumb.jpg

post-8450-0-65274700-1410273269_thumb.jpg

post-8450-0-51483300-1410273277_thumb.jpg

post-8450-0-53337000-1410273368_thumb.jpg

post-8450-0-21726700-1410273385_thumb.jpg

post-8450-0-74159400-1410273394_thumb.jpg

post-8450-0-40038200-1410273405_thumb.jpg

post-8450-0-83666800-1410273412_thumb.jpg

Давно посматриваю на 16-го  в люминии, а тут и повод,  правда печальный - хотел в память о мастере таки купить и ... А  что так  фигово с ножиками стало, санкции? 

Эх... Не было у меня пока сих ножей.

Но в память о Карсне обязательно что-то подберу. Хороший был Мастер...

И спасибо за интересную тему!

M16-04z после семи месяцев пользования решил разобрать и почистить ( до этого периодически чистил ватной палочкой и продувал, питтинг с клина удалял обычным канцелярским ластиком ). Нож носился в кармане джинсов с февраля, но незначительный питтинг на плашках  появился только в районе спейсера. Следов износа AutoLAWKS не обнаружил. В общем и целом всё в хорошем состоянии. Никаких "танцев с бубнами" не потребовалось: почистил с оружейным маслом, протёр, прошёлся металлической шайбой по шкурке 1200.   

Состояние внутренностей до и после чистки на фото

Весьма типичная картина - на моей то же самое было. Чуть питтинга для них это нормально.

Чуть питтинга для них это нормально

Я бы сказал, что это - хороший результат, та же Крыса ( как пример бюджетного фолдера ) через 2-3 месяца смотрелась весьма печально ( сплошной питтинг на плашках под накладками).

А  что так  фигово с ножиками стало, санкции? 
А где конкретно стало фигово-то ? В инете ? Вон на Найфворксе вагон М16-х всех видов и подвидов... ;)

На KW то да, раньше там и тарился, но что-то я очкую теперь там заказывать: дойдет, не дойдет.  С Нового года - как эта свистопляска с таможней началась - ничего не заказывал. 

Не знаю, посредники на ганзе работают, по крайней мере мой давний знакомый Альберт... ;) В отзывах у него последний пост от 09.09.2014.

• 1 месяц спустя...
  • 6 месяцев спустя...
  • 1 месяц спустя...

Интересная окраска. 

С Краем-то договорились интерестно?))))

Не знаю. Это не официальная продукция CRKT, а деяние других людей.

Это не официальная продукция CRKT, а деяние других людей.

понятно

• 2 месяца спустя...

В продолжение ролика из предыдущего поста. Пусть тут останется данная история, а то мало ли пропадет ;)

Вот тут этот текст находится.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A Message from Lynn C Thompson

As many of you are aware, Cold Steel has filed a suit against Columbia River Knife & Tool (CRKT) for false advertising and unfair business competition within our industry. I've seen that this action has caused some controversy, and I thought I should make my stance on this matter very clear. 

First of all, it's important to state that we initially broached this subject with a detailed explanatory letter and a request for CRKT amend their advertising copy. This request was ignored, I waited 30 days and then I was compelled to take legal action. Within a civilized society the legal justice system is the only way to fairly settle disputes, and I feel that we have a legitimate claim. Let me explain... 

At Cold Steel we have always strived to push the limits of strength, durability and safety. In fact, ever since I began exploring folding knife designs, safety has been my primary concern. I have invested many millions of dollars into the development and integration of stronger and more reliable locking mechanisms, and as our recent series of testing videos has shown, we have developed a (so far) unmatched level of security and durability in the realm of folding knife design. I've made comments many times about how I "love my customers fingers" but this isn't some glib advertising copy, It's sincerely my personal passion and the source of much of my drive within this industry. It may sound obvious to you, but when you make a razor sharp blade and put a hinge in it, you really do add an exceptional amount of peril to the everyday task of using that tool. I've seen knife locking mechanisms fail on several occasions in my life, and each time the user was severely injured. It wasn't a pleasant experience, and I would never wish that on you, my friends and customers. I feel that every company that makes folding knives should be just as dedicated as I am to the development of safer designs. It is the responsible thing to do. We owe it to our customers! 

Over the last few months, I have begun releasing never before seen testing of both my own knives and those of my competitors. Concentrating on the shock and impact resistance, and weight holding potential of folding knives, these tests show the simple, straightforward "warts and all" results of extreme use - and for many people those results were shocking. 

I have never been a stranger to controversy, and I am sure that the release of these tests won't make me any new friends among my competitors, but my motivation to show the public this footage comes from a sincere belief that the customer DESERVES to know about the performance potential of the product they are buying! I don't work for my competitors, I work for you. 

I do not claim that my products are indestructible. If I've learned anything from over 30 years of extreme product testing its pretty much anything in this world can eventually be broken with enough abuse and stress. If anything, this testing has further increased my dedication to making my products better, stronger and safer. Therefore, it was particularly difficult for me to sit idly by and watch other companies make empty marketing claims and boastful statements without backing up those brags with genuine performance. 

Anyone who knows my famous PROOF videos is aware that I enjoy entertaining people, performing feats for the camera and talking proudly about my products and their potential, but baseless and empty claims simply muddy the waters of our industry and give the end-user unfair and often misguided expectations of performance. 

This is a multi-million dollar industry, and I can confidently say that I'm not the only hard working person in this business who has been hurt by unsubstantiated and empty boasts from companies that claim superiority without putting in the time and money to make their products back up their brag. 

In my 35 years in this industry this is only the second time I've found it necessary to resort to legal action to get a competitors attention. This is not something I take lightly and for me this is a deadly serious matter. I feel everyone in this industry should be able to compete on an even and fair playing field. We all make products that people rely on each and every day, and there is a responsibility there that must be addressed. Empty claims not only hurt our business and damage our sales, but they also place the customer at risk, and for me that is not acceptable. 

As the case in question is currently still in progress, I cannot go into specific details, but I will stress once again that my primary motivation is for the good of the consumer. The knife user who deserves to be able to use his or her tool with confidence and safety. This is not a matter of money for me, but a matter of principle! 

And, as such, I wish to state that any profits made from this lawsuit will be donated to KNIFE RIGHTS, to continue fighting for our freedoms as knife loving members of the community. I hope that this entire experience will help to make the folding knife industry step up to provide better, safer and more reliable products for you the customer. 

Thank you,

Lynn C Thompson

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Cold Steel Sues CRKT for Allegedly False Claims

Cold Steel Inc. has sued Columbia River Knife & Tool (CRKT), alleging that claims in CRKT’s marketing materials are misleading consumers into purchasing folding knives that do not perform as advertised and that could potentially expose consumers to the risk of serious injury. CRKT claims that several of the locking mechanisms within their current line-up are capable of converting a folding knife into a “virtual fixed blade.”

Cold Steel’s complaint, filed in federal court on June 3, 2015 (Case 2:15-cv-04166), alleges that this claim violates the federal Lanham Act and related California state law. The claim alleges that this is an empty advertising slogan, as CRKT’s folding knives cannot begin to match the strength of a fixed blade, and that furthermore, those same knives will fail catastrophically when significant pressure is applied. 

“Consumers are entitled to truthful information,” said Cold Steel President Lynn C Thompson. “They need to know what a knife can and can’t do. We are a nation of people who USE our knives. Responsible knife owners want to use their tools, and they should be given honest information about the performance, reliability and safety they should expect.” 

According to the complaint, CRKT’s statements relate to three locking mechanisms – LAWKS®, AutoLAWKS™ and L.B.S™ CRKT’s printed and online marketing materials include statements which include: 

Sliding the LAWKS® lever forward assures that the folder is a virtual fixed blade. . . . 

Integrated into the design is the patented LAWKS® safety, which effectively converts the [knife] into a virtual fixed blade. . . 

The AutoLAWKS™ lever moves forward automatically whenever the blade is opened and locked to assure that the folder is a virtual fixed blade. . . . 

When the blade is opened, locked and the L.B.S™ is actuated, the knife becomes a virtual fixed blade, and will not accidentally fold while in use. 

According to the complaint, these claims constitute representations that, when pressure is applied to the knife in the open position and while the locking mechanism is engaged, the knife will have almost the same resistance to folding as that of a fixed blade knife of a one-piece construction. 

Cold Steel’s complaint goes on to state that CRKT’s locking mechanisms perform “worse than many other comparably priced knives, and far worse than lower cost knives manufactured by Cold Steel” The complaint also alleges that Cold Steel is entitled to unspecified monetary damages caused by CRKT’s “blatantly false claims” and “dishonest tactics” about the strength of their knives. Cold Steel also seeks an injunction, treble damages, and attorneys’ fees. 

For further information:
customerservice@coldsteel.com 
(800) 255-4716

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

А спустя короткое время как Cold Steel так и CRKT разослали следующие сообщение:

CRKT Lawsuit Update

I am pleased to announce that the lawsuit [filed in June 2015 in Los Angeles] by Cold Steel Inc. relating to advertising claims made by Columbia River Knife and Tool (CRKT) has been settled. 

I am satisfied with the terms of the settlement. The lawsuit will be dismissed. 

Neither Cold Steel nor CRKT will make any further comment about the lawsuit or its resolution. 

Thank You,
- Lynn C Thompson
President, Cold Steel Inc. 

CRKT PRESS RELEASE

For immediate release

Tualatin, Oregon, U.S.A.— July 27, 2015

CRKT today announced a settlement of a lawsuit filed in June 2015 in Los Angeles by Cold Steel relating to advertising by Columbia River Knife and Tool (CRKT). CRKT is satisfied with the terms of the settlement, which are confidential. The lawsuit will be dismissed. Neither party will make any further comment about the lawsuit or its resolution.

###

• 2 месяца спустя...
  • 1 месяц спустя...

Как обычно, перед Shot Show анонсированы новые модели.

Среди них - "условно-новые" M16.

Напоминаю, что алюминиевые рукояти на обычных, не армейских М16 были с 1999 по 2008 год.

post-167-0-77930900-1453127355_thumb.png

post-167-0-34963000-1453127357_thumb.png

• 4 месяца спустя...
  • 1 месяц спустя...
  • 5 недель спустя...
  • 1 год спустя...

Хотя бы, условно-неплохую сталь, на клинок поставили. Дизайн ножа и так крайне удачный.

1 час назад, exo сказал:

Хотя бы, условно-неплохую сталь, на клинок поставили. Дизайн ножа и так крайне удачный.

Cts bd1 - за глаза хватило бы. А что до дизайна, то фреймовый вариант есть.

Присоединяйтесь к обсуждению

Вы можете опубликовать сообщение сейчас, а зарегистрироваться позже. Если у вас есть аккаунт, войдите в него для написания от своего имени.

Гость
Ответить в теме...

×   Вставлено в виде отформатированного текста.   Вставить в виде обычного текста

Разрешено не более 75 эмодзи.

×   Ваша ссылка была автоматически встроена.   Отобразить как ссылку

×   Ваш предыдущий контент был восстановлен.   Очистить редактор

×   Вы не можете вставить изображения напрямую. Загрузите или вставьте изображения по ссылке.

• Создать...

Важная информация

Чтобы сделать этот веб-сайт лучше, мы разместили cookies на вашем устройстве. Вы можете изменить свои настройки cookies, в противном случае мы будем считать, что вы согласны с этим.